- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
What data do we collect?
Finnish-African Society collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name and email address)
- Cookie information
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Finnish-African Society with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register and become a member of Finnish-African Society
- Contact us via our contact form from the website
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
Finnish-African Society collects your data so that we can:
- Add you to our database for our membership records purpose
- Email you with our newsletters and journals
How do we store your data?
Finnish-African Society securely stores your data at our G-Suite account.
Finnish-African Society will keep your data as long as long you remain a member.
Finnish-African Society would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive newsletter, you may always opt out at a later date by sending us email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right at any time to stop Finnish-African Society from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
What are your data protection rights?
Finnish-African Society would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Finnish-African Society for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Finnish-African Society correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Society to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our society erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Society restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Society’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Society transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:email@example.com
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Our Society uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our Society uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org